Regional Energy Co-operation Summit: East
The Regional Energy Co-operation Summit: East will take place from 27-29 March 2019 in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia. The meeting will unite regional governments from Kenya, Uganda, Tanzania, Rwanda and Ethiopia, leading utility and regulatory companies from the region as well as international financiers, donor organisations, power developers to focus on what is needed to unlock investment in energy and infrastructure for regional growth and development.
Co-locating with the 3rd Off the Grid Summit, the meeting’s agenda will provide networking opportunities and open discussions exploring practical solutions geared at increasing investor appetite in East Africa.
Agenda topics include:
- Regional Cooperation in East Africa
- A Focus on the Uganda-Tanzania Pipeline; Bringing Uganda’s Crude to Market
- The Importance of Debt Financing for Regional Energy Development
- Unlocking the Potential of East Africa’s Gas Reserves
- Effective Risk Mitigation for Enhanced Investment in the Region
- A Focus on Alternative Renewable Technologies
- The Future of the Energy Mix in East Africa
See more information here.