Africa Energy Market Place Presentation: Madagascar
The electricity sector in Madagascar is governed by the 2017-20 law reforming the electricity sector in Madagascar. This law has been passed to allow for the liberalization of the production, transmission and distribution activities of the electricity sector. The policy objectives of the energy sector are to:
- Fight against load shedding and control the price of electricity;
- Develop access to electricity for the greatest number;
- Prepare and implement the power supply of the zones of development;
- Mitigate the environmental impact of energy development;
- Develop and operationalize an energy plan for crisis situations
Read more in the presentation below.