Africa Energy Market Place (AEMP) Energy Week
The Africa Energy Market Place (AEMP) is pleased to announce the AEMP Energy Week, which will be held in June 25 - 26, 2019 at the African Development Bank Headquarters building in Abidjan, Côte d'Ivoire. Please note that the dates have been changed due to popular demand and we apologise for any inconveniences this may have caused.
The week will bring together our growing community of Energy Leaders to drive transactions, engage in private sector - government dialog, network, share industry best practices and co-create time-bound Joint Action Plans, accelerate crucial reforms and unlock investment opportunities.
AEMP Energy Week will extend its coverage to 11 countries by:
- Co-creating Joint Action Plans for the Next Cohort : Angola, Botswana, Democratic Republic of Congo, Ghana and Madagascar.
- Reviewing policy reform execution progress in the Joint Action Plans from Round 1 & 2 countries, Côte d'Ivoire, Ethiopia, Kenya, Nigeria, South Africa, Tanzania and Zambia.
Key highlights from the AEMP Round 2, held concurrently with the groundbreaking inaugural Africa Investment Forum in November 2018 in Johannesburg, are below :
- 400+ active energy leaders and investors
- 180+ deals screened and reviewed with key country issues and reforms bottlenecks identified
- 6 joined country action plans drafted in presence of 9 Ministers of Energy & Finance
- US$ 2,3 billion signed in Letters of Intent for Energy Deals Financing
- 70% of Energy boardroom deals oversubscribed.
- More on AIF HERE.
Have your say, Talk to government Push deals forward, Grow your business, Uplift the Sector, Take Action and Let’s collectively unlock Africa’s energy sector.
We invite you to Save the Date and join us in Abidjan, 25 - 26 June 2019. Spread the word & Join the AEMP Community #AfricaEnergyMarketPlace.